Monday, March 29, 2010

Livin it up in Lithuania




Hey Team,
Good job on your baptism! It was way fun to hear about your progressing investigator learn and grow and progress towards that covenant with God. Now you just need to keep her active. Maybe talk to the Branch President about giving her a calling. ;) We actually had a baptism ourself here. Lina and Adomas were baptized on Saturday which is just awesome. The daughter Austeja is still thinking about it but we are all certain that she is set on getting baptized. She just wanted her own day probably :) Anyway, everything went well. My companion sang How Great Thou Art with Sister Hall playing the violin. I dodnt know if I told you but Elder Whicker was a trained Opera singer for 8 years. I talked to the Branch Presidency and we are organizing a choir from the Russian and Lithuanian branches. Elder Whicker is going to do a great job leading that. It will be good for him as well.
I am still way amped up about life. Everything is going well. I got a cold last week from all the wetness here but we kept busy. I may have tried a little to hard to not slow down and i kinda crashed and burned but it was no big deal, we still got work done. Everybody was sick last week. This week is new and fresh even though it is pouring outside right now. We are ready to get stuff done. Oh before i forget to tell you. We got a baptismal date this week. His name is Ĺ arunas. He was taught by the Russian speaking elders but he doesn't speak Russian so he was taught in English. That wasn't the most ideal situation so we began teaching him. He is so solid. We invited him to baptism in our first meeting with him and in our last meeting he said he felt that, it is the right decision in his life. He is such a good kid. He is about 23 or so but he is just the man. April 17 right now is his date so pray for him please. When I told the Russian elders about it they almost started to cry. I really feel good about this kid.
I hope all is well back home. I don't have much more to say. I guess just keep close to one another and dont forget to include God in your daily decisions. He cares. Thank you for all you do. I love you all.


Elder Cooke

No comments: