Monday, March 1, 2010

Faith is knowing the sun will shine-



Hi team,
How are all of you. It sounds like your doing well. Sounds like the wrestling team did ok. It is starting to feel like track season! It is just so dang wet. I had been doing alright with stuff not breaking down until this week. My briefcase broke in like 3 different places in the same hour. I guess it was all ready to fall apart and then when one broke it just couldn't pick up the extra weight. It's a good thing i have a side bag. Also I found out why feet have been getting wet. I dont know why I never looked but my shoes have huge holes in the bottom. I know that is a regular occurrence amongst missionaries but they just came out of NOwhere. I have some other shoes that I can start wearing though that I found in an apartment in Siauliai so that a blessing as well. Oh yea and I guess I didn't tell you but I left behind one of my suits in Siauliai because it was all sorts of torn up. The suit I am wearing now is doing a way nice job of holding up. If you lift up the collar you can tell that it is a little bit of a different color now but its fine, I like the faded look.
In other news. Our family once again came to church. We still haven't extended a baptisimal commitment because Darius still needs to find out that God exsists. The branch is excited for them. Keep praying for them.
Well, I want to talk a little but about faith right now. I want you all to know that faith always brings blessings. But we need to understand a couple things about faith. First, we are expected to have perfect faith in this life. We so if you feel like your dont, don't worry your not weird. I would sometimes think that I didn't have as much faith as I need to and so I didn't really want to try because I felt guilty. I think we all can say that we sometimes feel that we don;t want to do something because we aren't sure how it will turn out. We feel if we just had a little bit more knowledge it would all be easier. Well, we can;t always control knowledge but we CAN control faith. And as Ether said, "We will not recieve a witness until AFTER the trial of our faith. (12:6) We just need to take the step. I was thinking of Peter this week as he followed Christ onto the water. His faith was such that he could do as Christ did and walk on the water. It was not because he said, "I believe i can walk on water." I would venture to say that he never even had the water on his mind. His only focus was Christ. If Christ is our focus we don't have to go day to day and have all these battles with faith. Will this, or that, be ok, will that go through, how is this going to play out....? If we have our faith centered in Christ then we can just look to Him and weather ANY storm that comes our way. It is too easy in our world to get caught up it the winds and waves of life and then do as Peter did and take our focus away from the Savior. That is when Peter fell and that is when we fall. H elaman 5 :12, who should be our foundation? Who will support us in the storm? Where should our focus be? Christ. I know Christ lives and i know He answers prayers. I love Him and i want to serve him till the day I die. You can all print out this letter and then hit me with it if I ever loose that focus in my life. I love you all and i am so grateful for you.

Laikykites,
Elder JBCooke

No comments: