Monday, March 15, 2010

Overcoming Giants





Hey Fam,
Sorry. This letter this week wont be very long. We had to go do some visa work for an Elder so I wont have much E-mail time. It sounds like all is wonderful in Teton Valley and elsewhere. That is crazy that Jason is going home. Russia must be on the same transfers as us because this is the last week of our transfer as well. We will find out tomorrow but I am going to stay here most likely. I will probably still be with Elder Graham but who knows. Things went more or less normal this week. This last week was Lithuania's independance day (one of them) There was a big military parade which we happened to be in center during the same time which made contacting interesting. It was really cool to see how Lithuania can come togeather so much in the cause of freedom. If they are happy about anything, its that. Every once in a while you talk to an old person who wants communisim back because it seems easier to just have everything provided for you by the government. However, almost everybody here is very grateful for their independance. It amazes me how little Lithuania pulled it off but they did. They are a strong-willed people for sure.
It reminded me of David and Goliath.
The part I loved most about that story was that David had no fear whatsoever. He just had faith. I would say that that is definately the key to overcoming any giant in our lives. Dont be afraid, just believe. If you are trying to do what is right then just put your faith in Christ and know it will all work out. Maybe not how YOU think it should, but it will.

I gotta run but know i am happy and healthy.
Last week i lost feeling on the top of my right foot and shin. I had trouble walking because i didnt have as much control over my ankle. It was way wierd. It kinda felt like my foot fell asleep half-way for no reason. I talk to sister Dance who talk to the area doctor. We figure I may have had some nerve damage which might need time to repair itself. I just "walked it off" and after about a week it slowly got back to normal. Right now its all good. Sounds like you are all happy and healthy as well so i guess I will bid you all adieu.
love you
Elder Cooke

p.s. if you wanna know what members feed us then the picture should about sum it up. (actually really good)

No comments: