Monday, March 22, 2010

A Whole New Country

Hey fam
Well, last week 5 elders and a sister left from Lithuania. That was hard considering how long we have all been togeather and how close we have become. Good news is, 4 new elders and 2 new sisters came in to take their place. And I got one of them! Tuesday morning President Dance called me and asked me to be a trainer. I picked up Elder Whicker the next day from the bus station. He is a way solid missionary. He is dedicated and focused. He speaks the language well and is humble and willing to learn. I couldn't ask for a better trainee. It was way fun last week to see him look at his new world for the first time. His first door, his first street contact, his first talk in church. It was just way fun for me to reflect on how in this very area I did all those same things for the first time one year ago. It was weird to think about. Elder Whicker is from Kaysville Utah. He is an English major and an opera singer in which he is double majoring. I was upset that I had to send Elder Graham away (he went to Klaipeda like I did after my own training in Vilnius.) I still am waiting for a transfer in which something doesn't change for my companionship. Thus far that hasn't happened since my first tansfer with Elder Young. If you have realized i have had to update you EVERY single time on some sort of change. Weird. Its is also interesting that Every companionship in my district is training. Elder Cox and sister Hall were also made trainers this transfer. We have a very good district. And I am not just saying that. I am very excited about the work that is going to be done this transfer. Were are ALL committed and are ready to work. In other news I held two baptismal interviews with Elder Cox and Elder Lyshman 's investigators on Sunday. A mother and her son. They are way solid. The baptism should be happening this week. They are way prepared and excited for the baptism. Everything here is going very well. I am happy and healthy. It is so dang wet here right now. Everything is way gross. That's Europe in spring though. Thank you for all that your doing. You all sound great. I am stoked on everybody running so much. Leslie and Travis sound like they are way busy but having fun. The little kids sound like they are doing great. I want a picture of Gabe in his bowl cut. Thanks fam for everything. Love you all.

Vyresnysis Kukukas

No comments: