Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bad News

Labas

Hey everybody so I had some major visa problems and now i am getting kicked out the country. I have been "re-assigned" and I will be in Tennessee by tomorrow morning. April Fools! Or as it's called here "Lairs Day!" Just Kidding, everything is peachy. I did a ton of visa work this last week and everything is going to work out. You dont need to mail anything I got the same letter here. All that is left to do is to pick up my "permission to live" card next week. That will be good for about a year then I get to do it all over again. Other than that, everything is about the same here in Lithuania. One nice thing is that it is seeming a lot more like spring. We had daylight savings time on Sunday so now we have tons of sunlight. The winters here are way dark all the time but in the summer we have a ton of sun. And its not as gray here anymore. It is already starting to sprout up green grass. Things grow here like crazy. So thats a nice change.
So we had a few cool things happen I guess. First off last Thursday during English class Elder young needed to go on splits with another Elder to get some stuff the district leader forgot at his apartment. So I had to teach English class by myself. It was kinda crazy but it worked out. I finished up teaching English and still had some time. I asked if they had ever learned about America and they said no because of the cold war and all so I gave them a little history lesson. Which mostly consisted of me telling them about how awesome Idaho is. After that I started talking about what our purpose is here on Earth. I pointed out that to many people spend to much time watching their life go by. How we forget what is really important in this life because we are to wrapped up in ourselves and in life. I said that I know I am younger and not as experienced as them but they can't deny the things that I was saying, and they couldn't, they agreed with me. I told them that they need to start to change NOW. Not tomorrow or next year. They need to walk out that door tonight and tell themselves they are going to be better people now! I told them to go home and tell thier spouse they love them, and to spend time with their children because they might not know it. Sometimes we think it's obvious but it ISN'T all the time. I finished by telling them that it all starts with humility. Admitting we dont have it all figured out. Not telling missionary's on the street that they have enough in their life and then wondering why life is so hard. ALL of us right now need to admit we can be better, then ACT on it- make the decision to be better. That is how you find happiness. Then I testified of service to others and just being happy people. It was awesome. I defiantly spoke bold to them- but I felt I had the green light from the spirit. I was in a room with a lot of older Lithuanians telling them to humble themselves and there wasn't a single thread of me holding me back. It was way cool. After the lesson my companion still wasn't back, but a man came up to me and said he wanted to know more about Joseph Smith. I asked if had time to talk now and then I ran and got the first Elder i could find to teach with me(by the mouths of two witnesses shall my kingdom be established) It was Elder Gabler. He is a German who got here a transfer before me. We started teaching and I had to teach parts of the lesson My companion had always taught and I have never tried before. He would speak in Lithuanian and when he finished I looked to Elder Gabler like I look to my trainer thinking he would understand and he was there looking right back at me. So I just spoke. I went all the way through that lesson and it worked out great. We gave him the Book of Mormon and set up another meeting. It was quite the deal. Way fun. It turns out When Elder Young got to the district leaders apartment the bathroom was flooded and the neighbor downstairs was way mad. So he had his own adventures that night. It was a fun day.
Some side notes is Sister Free and Sister Squires are in fact teaching that lady in our English class and she is awesome. We taught her a 'one on one' lesson last week because she missed a class. She is doing awesome. She is so humble and so loving. I know she is going to get baptized, I knew it from that first time we taught the gospel in English class. She rocks.
Oh I got your package. Thank Sister Carole Green so much! I forgot how amazing real peanut butter tastes like. I dont know if you sent a memory card with it. The package was part open when it got here so if you did send one it probably fell out.
well fam I think I am going to go for the week. Thanks again for everything you do. I am truly blessed out here in Lithuania. I love you all. until next week...

No comments: