Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Putting the mettle to the peddle and the thing to the floor!


Hey!!!!!!!!
How is everybody? Im just great. Things are going good. Me and Elder Cox have gone strait to work. We are trying to teach three lessons each day and we are on schedule so far. I never taught anything close to that in Vilnius. I met my new english class yesterday. That are way nice. All the women think that mom is 35 and had plastic surgery to look so young. And when they heard how young Leslie was with four kids they were very impressed. It should be fun. We have had some interesting expieriances so far here in Klaipeda. We had some girls tell us the love us in english, then they said they worship us...yea it was way awkward. Then we knocked on a door and a man was just standing at the end of a long hallway shaking his fist at us. So we just closed the door and walked out. We left the dome and he was just at the window behind the curtains and watched us all the way around the corner. On the way here there were some kids making fun of me in Russian. I understood enough to catch that they were saying it was funny that I couldn't understand them(kind of ironic) and then some irreverent words in Russian. They thought it was hillarious. Cool thing is, however is when they got off this old lady was not very impressed and told me how the kids these days have no respect for holy things (I think she meant me) and I simply told her we still need to love them because that is what Christ would do. She was very impressed with that and wished me well. Remember how important it is to always represent and exercise belief. If we all threw out a few more seeds then a few are bound to hit good soil. Here in Klaipeda we do street lessons. We dont have a teaching center like in Vilnius so if we can we just teach them the lessons on the street then have a prayer with him. I thought that was a great idea and started doing it on busses as well. It blew my companion away when I told him I asked a guy to pray with me on the bus. Yea it is kind of awkward sometimes but why should that matter to us. I never thought I could do stuff like this but anything is possible when you are doing the Lords work.(You dont have to be a missionary to do the Lords work). Let this gospel shine through you so everyone can see. This gospel brings joy. I can see it so much here. I got to meet a whole new bunch of members on Sunday. It was awesome. I spoke in church and when I said I had been out for 3 months I saw some wierd faces in the congregation. After the meeting they came up to me and told me they had been thinking I had been out for a year! It made me feel a little better about this whole language thing. Now dont think I am over here speaking fluent beautiful Lithuanian. I still sound like a fool a lot of times. And I dont always understand everything. I am, however, very confident in the language. I am confident because I know as long as I put all of myself into this work, then the language will come. And I will understand what I need to understand and I will be able to say what I need to say. I am not confident in myself but in God. I love this work, I love these challanges, I love each old lady and drunk bum and angry Russian. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you all

Viso Gero (I wish you all that is well)
Vyresnysis Kukas

OH and my new address is:
A/D 408
94198 Klaipeda 10
Lithuania

No comments: