Friday, December 5, 2008

Baz'nyc'a yra tikra! means-The Church is True! :)

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jesse Cooke wrote:

OK so This week has been amazing. I mean obviously it was, look where i am! Haha so first off Thanksgiving was great. We had the man in charge of church aid come speak to us and then we assembled 10,000 first aid kits to send oversees, and like happy cheezy missionaries we sang hymns and prymary songs the whole time like "Put your shoulder to the wheel" and what not.
So yesterday me and my sister teaching companion taught the first lesson...in total Lithuanian! Can you believe how obvious it is that the Lord has is hand in this work. I know I would not be anywhere near where I am now without the Lord's help and my constant prayers for the gift of tongues. The lesson was really simply made, and amidst our nouns in improper casing and our verbs conjicated into all sorts of sillyness, (at one point I told him that God "manifests" himself unto us daily. I was talking about the spirit but he said afterward after hearing that he was ready to be baptised right there!) Our investigator understood the message and committed to read the Book of Mormon. It was a great experience and I get to do it again tonight!
We went to the temple today for the first time and that was amazing. I absolutly love my zone! We are all remarkably close and there is not the slightest bit of hard feeling among us.
As far as my companions go, we have yet to have a fight, we have had some disagreements but only because one of them is exactly like me and the other one is a polar opposite, funny thing is I get into more disagreements with the one exactly like me! I guess I just don't like living with myself as much as I had dreamed about. That being said- I still love them both and have had amazing experiences with all of them.
After Tuesday's devotional Bishop Edgly, of the Presiding Bishopric, we had a district review and were all in tears. We went to the Joseph Smith movie, 'Prophet of the Restoration' or 'Dz'osefas Smitas Pranas'as uz' Sugraz'inima', on Sunday. I can't explain the spirit that was there. I absolutely loved it. My testimony has never even been close to as strong as it is now, and it's only been 2 weeks! Now I guess I know why people still refer their missions in talks in their 80's. Anyway as we were walking back to our residence halls some Elders were singing "We thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet" we all went in and sang it with them. We had about 30 elders in that small little classroom and one senior sister- more spirit, more testimony, more tears, I love this place.
I want to thank everybody for all the support and love you have all shown me. I have gained a real apreciation of all that i have. If your are reading this I am sure i know you and I know I love you. I know this church is true, and I am doing everything I can to prepare to meet the people I am supposed to meet in Lithuania. There is somebody that has been waiting their whole lives to meet me in the words of Sister Boone. And to them I will be the face of Christ. I love you all so much, God bless the work!

Vyresnysis Kukus

No comments: