Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Family! (letter#5)

How is everybody? I missed you all this morning but we had a great time. Thank you so much for the letters and the packages. I think i am going to get diabeties but its been great to have treats to eat at all hours of the day. I am super stoked about the foot warmers. I havent been able to try them out becasue i am going to wait to cut them up for when i get boots in Lithuania. THis morning was wonderful. Us and the Armeinians, who we have grown quite close to over these 5 weeks, had christmas togeather opening presents. My companion Elder dellinger's Mother sent me a couple goodies to go with the ones i got from you. I am so blessed and so grateful for all this love slapping me in the face.

I just want to tell you real quick about my Christmas Eve. I dont know if i am ever going to have one quite like it. It started out slow but after lunch we went to class to do some more studying and we came to see our teachers were ready to celebrate Su kunc'omis. Its a holiday in Lithuania that lands on Christmas Eve but isnt really related to Christmas. We pretty much just ate a ton and i got some gifts. a dry ereas board which i cant tell you how excited i am for. And then one of my teachers gave my the tennis balls he took on his mission to juggle. So now i have some second generation juggling balls! But now the real good stuff. Last night I had the wonderful oportunity to listen to one of my favorite apostles Elder Bednar and his wife. It was such a wonderful expieriance. I wish i could type up my notes i guess you will just have to wait a couple more christmas's to hear it. Afterward he shook every missionarys hand. When i got to him he said, "Elder Cooke, merry christmas" it caught me off guard that he knew my name, but then i realised i was wearing a tag and felt kind of silly. Then i sang Silent night with my zone in Lithuanian, Armeinian, english, and sweedish. it was way cool.
oh p.s. i just got called as the district leader so that is kind of crazy. Its been neat to be a leader i just have less study time wich kind of stinks. But i know if i serve hard i will be rewarded and more importantly you will be.
Todays schedual is kind of crazy. We all got gifts that were donated. I got a called to serve music cd even tho i dont have a cd player so i dont know what to do there. i would give it to somebody else but they all have the same one so i dont know. We also got letters from the first presidency. But to day we have two firesides. i dont know who is coming but it will be hard to beat Elder Bednar. I have some study right after this which is good because i have 7 cases i need to learn :)

I am so glad to hear you are all doing well. Im sorry sadie got hurt put im glad to know she is putting it all out there. Thats how cookes do it! (and sorwensuns: for gabe)
I just want to say to all of you how much i love you. I have the picture of what you all look like in my head. Your eaither crowded in the kitchen or sitting around the living room in your new pajamas that feel awesome becasue they havent been washed yet. Kyle probably got his "special spot that he totaly called on the couch" and the rest of you are waist deep in a sea of paper.
I want you all to know how much i love you. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful loving family like you in my life. Heavenly Father knew how much help i needed so he had to give me the best. I hope you all take this moment if you haven't already to look at the man who is responsible for all of this. Our dear brother Jesus Christ. His love and his selfless act for each of us. Such love we cannot comprehend. We must mearly show our appreciation for what we do understand by coming unto him and bringing other unto him as well. When we serve others we are only in the service of him and our dear father. I want to challange each of you to grab some scriptures off the fireplace and read Luke , the Christmas story. It is impossible to not feel the spirit reading that. I would encourage you to then bear testimony of Jesus Christ to each other and let the sweet spirit speak through you. I promise you if you do that you will learn things about each other and yourselves that you didn't know.

I love you all with my heart and i miss you all. Thank you for all your love and prayer. I can feel them every day

Elder Cooke

No comments: