Saturday, December 13, 2008

Letter#3: DEC 11, 2008 Thursday

So this week has been kinda crazy (week 3!!!) I had a bunch of stuff written down so that this would be easier but with the 3000 pounds of words, lessons, and songs floating around in my head its easy to forget little pieces of paper. So I’m winging it.
First off it was great to hear about your trip. Sounded way fun! I can see dad and uncle Kim having a blast fishing and I’m sure it was beautiful. Good thing brick walls are beautiful to me because I'm in paradise here! :)
So I have had so many really cool experiences whilst being here. Most of which has been the power of prayer. I don’t think I have prayed this much in the 19 years leading up to this combined! But I can’t tell you how many times I have had the Lord answer my payers so instantly.
For example: I was in class studying and I was having trouble understanding the spirit. We are told to follow promptings of the spirit and teach by the spirit but I didn’t exactly know how specific they were about that. So I said a prayer asking the Lord to help me recognize promptings of the spirit more strongly. I opened my eyes and my teacher Brolis Snow asked me some question and while I was talking to him I became somewhat fidgety and start playing with my "Preach my Gospel" I then became still and answered his question and looked down at my book. Out of the hundreds of pages in preach my gospel i was on the one page that said in big bold letters "HOW TO RECOGNIZE PROMPTINGS OF THE SPIRIT" it was awesome.
now with language: We were going over interpersonal sentence construction and we had just started and the teacher started a sentence and he asked us to finish it. I said the word and he got a funny look on his face in fact everybody did. I had just said a word we hadn’t learned and conjugated it in a way we hadn’t even knew existed to that point. I had just said the word because it came into my head. Sure nobody got baptized because of it but it sure picked me up when i was think there was no way i was going to be able to learn Lietuvis'kai.
Now keep in mind i am in no way kum laude or however you say it. Almost everybody in my district has learned a language so they understand these concepts a ton better than me. What a blessing it is to have them to help me along. However in my teaching appointment instead of saying Joseph smith translated the Book of Mormon, i told our investigator That Joseph Smith BOILED the Book of Mormon. and that God went to a grove and Joseph Smith revealed himself to him. So once a can stop preaching false doctrine maybe I can be a be a half decent missionary :)
Well to make a long story long I love the spirit here. I am trying to stay just as excited each week, as I was the week before. Its difficult but I am striving for it. My testimony has been practically sprinting since I walked through these doors. Every day I see how blessed I have been to know about this gospel my whole life.

As' z'ino kad Mormono knyga yra tikra.
ir mes turime pranas'as shandien
Dz'osefas Smitas yra pranas'as
As miele' jus ir evangelia,
ac'iu uz' visas

elder cooke

No comments: