Monday, October 25, 2010

Angela's accident 10/19/2010





President Dance called me last night and told me about Angela's accident. I was shocked and confused about what i could possibly do. He told me that I should write you all. I feel such an immense amount of grief as I am sure all of you do. My thoughts keep returning to Kyle. I cannot begin to comprehend how he must be feeling. I don't feel that any words from me could ease that pain but I just want Kyle to know that I love him. I believe in him and I respect him more than he understands. My prayers return again and again to the plea, that He would know how much we all care about him and loved Angela. Angela was an embodiment of care and kindness. She loved us and we loved her. She was my sister and I will miss her a great deal. I am sorry I cannot come to the funereal even though nobody expects me too. I would do absolutely anything to make this time just a little bit easier for any one of you. Especially Kyle. I know that Kyle is a rock and can tough about anything out but this must seem like just too much. I hope Angela's parents and family is doing alright. I don't know what aright means in this situation but I hope they are at least surviving. This must be so difficult for all of you right now. I wish none of you had to experience this. I hope that everyone in this family remembers the things they have said to others when others have grieved for somebody that they have lost. When we are in the situation it is sometimes harder to remember the blessing and designs of God. But this is the time to see the gospel in action. You have gone to church, served callings and testified of the truthfulness of the Plan of our Father. You have all been strengthened for this day. God saw this day a long way off. Now is when we see the fruits. This is what it is all about. To overcome the hardships of the world and to grow. I know it is a time for grief and I know you have all heard the routine of, "everything will be alright" a hundred times. I don't want to vainly repeat these words of support but it's true. Everything will be alright. It will be. I can't express this thought strongly enough. And if you already understand it then let that one truth ease the pain and bring you peace. Time is never an object to God.  He wants you to know that. If you know that then you know how soon we will all see Angela again. She is just fine. I know that she is ok. That brings me a great measure of peace. Now my one wish is that all of you would be alright. I know it will take time but just know that I love all of you so much. I don't want anybody worrying about me. This is not about me. I will be fine. I am in good hands out here. I can feel God with me and I know he is with you. He loves all of you. You are all so strong and when you are together you are even stronger. Cookes don't quit. Tell Gabe that Sorensens don't quit either. In others you will find peace. Dont distance yourself from those around you. Find solace in the love that you all have for one another. Again, i love you all. I love you Kyle as I am sure you are reading this. Don't lose faith. Don't let yourself be brought down by what I imagine is an immense load. Your one of my biggest heroes. I want to be like you. I wish I could be with you through this but you have everybody else to help you in my place. I know that you would want nothing more than for me to keep going strong out here until the end. Know that I will do that. Turn to Christ. You will learn so much from this and it will benefit you the rest of your life. I know you might not value that very much right now but God does. I know Christ is our savior and redeemer. He is with us when we think all is lost and he will stay with us until we learn that all is not lost if we stay with him. I know that Angela will be seen again. I know she is happy and wants us to be happy. I know that we are all bound together. She has been separated from us for only a short time. We will all be together again. I know it. I love all of you. Know that my prayers are with you. Don't lose faith.


Elder Cooke

No comments: