Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Greetings from Riga Latvia!

Hey Fam,
Don't worry, I didn't get transfered. Elder Gearhart Elder Hatch and I are up here in Riga for a Zone Leader council. We got up way early this morning and went and hopped on a bus. We are going to spend most of our day in meetings but they gave us a chance to go and write our families then we will spend the night and head back to Lithuania tomorrow. It's fun to travel but I would like less distractions from missionary work. With all the distractions Elder Gearhart and I have had this transfer it is a miricle how much work had still been getting done. We still somehow have time to find and teach tons of people every week. I have definately felt God's support this transfer. I got sick this last week which was no fun because we had so much to do. Thank you for your prayers because I found the best remedy for being sick is just working harder (contrary to everybody's advice) Sometimes I feel I should back off a little bit when I am sick so I can heal faster but when you have things to do it doesn't really matter, you just get it done. One of the things we got done is we found an apartment! It is beautiful and right in center of new town Vilnius. We are right in with the skyscraper skylight. The best thing is that this apartment wont have the same distractions the other one had. People will take care of things for us so missionaries don't have to so they can just do good ol' missionary work. If I leave this area have accomplished anything, I want it to be easier for missionaries to focus and get work done. Transfers will be next week and it should be a doozie. A lot needs to happen and some younger missionaries are going to have to step up and get things done. We have 3 new missionaries coming in wich is exciting. All the new missionaries have all been so good. I don't know for sure if I am staying or leaving. I really hope i stay but i will go where I need to. Sorry I don't have more time to write. Know that I love you all and I miss you, just not enough to leave the work.
Su meile,
Vyresnysis Kukas

No comments: