Monday, May 17, 2010

Letter to the Family

Hey team,
How are all of you? Its to bad it is cold there still. WE are frying here. President Dance still hasn't given us the call to say we can take off our suit coats and I don't think it will come this year. It gets hot but we really do look much more professional with suits instead of just white shirts. We don't mess around in the Baltic Mission. I love it. It is funny, I used to defy authority much more often back home but the longer I have served the more satisfaction I have gotten from just doing what I am told. Sorry it took so long. :)
Elder Gearhart and I are doing very well. We had district conference yesterday in Kaunas and Elder Paul from the 70 spoke. It was a great experience. I received a lot of answers to questions. The bus ride with the members is always some of the funnest times as a missionary.
As the work goes, an old English student of mine in Šiauliai felt she received an answer to be baptized at district conference and now has a date. That was exciting to hear. She's the sweetest woman ever. Elder Anderson and I worked with their family a lot in Šiauliai if you remember. It was so nice to see the Šiauliai members at the conference. They all said I looked stressed out and said I need to eat more. That's Lithuanian bluntness for you. I just love it.
We are still looking for an apartment. We are trying so hard to not let it interfeer with any of our missionary work. Elder Gearhart and I just get frustrated when we lose time to do our missionary work. It's too bad finding apartments is one of OUR responsabilities. Its hard because we also need to have the model are in the zone. It's a challenge but really fun.
So you guessed it. I need to run. I need a hair cut. I love you all so much. I will have pictures next week. I love you all so much.


su meile,
Kukas

No comments: