Monday, April 19, 2010

remaining faithful at all times in all places.



Hey fam greetings from Vilnius,
Well, one more week come and gone. Things are still going wonderfuly here. It is starting to warm up and so are people's hearts. Last week was a lot of mourning for the Polish President. There was a little bit of a scare. We had a ton of people telling us on the street that Russia had had something to do with the tragedy. We know now that that isn't true. The Lithuanians had there flags out all week in respect for Poland. Darius, one of our investigators, said he called his friend in Poland who said that nobody really believed it had happened. It was all kind of a dream to them. Sad deal.
Then Sunday we ran into a lot of foreigners who were all stuck in Lithuania because of the volcano ash. It has been a little hazy but if I hadn't heard about the volcano I would have just assumed it was pollution. We didn't get hit too bad. The planes were all still grounded until this morning. I think everything is back to normal now. Seemed like a big mess though. As for the wonderful work of God, Šarūnas is getting baptised on Saturday. He is the man. He is feeling great about everything. Depak is still doing well. We might have to move his date back because he didn't come to church because he was sick but he is still feeling good.
Elder Whicker is still doing very well. HE is the man. We started contacting seperatly a lot. It's only his 5th week! I can't believe that this is already the last week of the transfer. Time doesn't make any sense to me anymore. I am still feeling good. I am almost back up to weight where I was before I lost it all. I am at 155 right now. My goal is 1 pound a week. In 4 months I should be at my goal for my mission of 170. Pray for me haha.
I spoke in church yesterday. Everybody said it was a "hot" talk. I talked about remaining faithful at all times in all places. I made reference to Elder Hollands talk about the Book of Mormon which he gave in Oct 09. It was kind of spured by a dear friend of mine out here leaving the church. Kind of tore me up but its all good now. We can't lose our ground. We all have our days when our footing is loose. We need to just stop being afraid and just believe. Our pourpse has never been to fear. It has always been to believe. Always.
Thanks fam for your love and support. Love you all
Elder Kukas

No comments: