Thursday, December 17, 2009

History in Siauliai

Hi Family-


The star I made for our little Christmas tree out of a paperclip

An angel I made from a 2 cent piece.


Well, Transfers have come in and I am here in Siauliai with Elder Anderson, and that is everyone there is in the District. Elder Porter left and now it is just us two Elders in the city of Siauliai. This has never happened before in this mission. Not just that there are only two missionaries in a city but that this forms our entire district.
President Dance has asked that I be the "district" leader even though my district consists of me and my companion. Me and Elder Anderson both have strong relationships with the members here. The Lord has a very special purpose for us this transfer and I want to make sure it gets done. I have already been here in Siauliai for 6 months and Elder Anderson for 3. He has been on his mission for a year and a half and me for 13 months. He is a great Elder. I have served either with him or in his district for 6 months out here. We have formed a great friendship and we are both excited and ready to work.
This is a great work with great responsabilities.

Siauliai has over 129 thousand people living here and Elder Anderson and I have the keys to find, teach, and baptise with water and fire. I am so excited to be alive. I love challenges like the one President Dance has presented us with. And change is already being made.
Our Branch President here just got a temple recommend. Elder Anderson and I have been working so hard with him and that news made us so happy. After his interview he held it up for me to see. After I saw it I ran over and gave him the biggest hug I could.
Aurumas set a date to be baptised on New Years day. It will be a miracle if he makes it through the hollidays without falling into the snares of the advisary. Pray for him.

Our 1st level English Class.
Valentinas, my friend in the hat and newest convert to the church has the priestood and is still helping me teach spiritual thoughts in my English Class. There is a family in our class that is beggining to be interested in our church. Skaiste is getting ready to be married in the temple. There are so many wonderful things just ready to happen here. Please dont stop praying. Me and my companion will need all of your prayers through these coming weeks and months. The people here need it. I hope its hard because "Satan dont kick no dead dogs". He is near when change for good is about to happen.
If he isnt trying to bring you down its because he doesn't need to try anymore.
Recognize opposition for what it is and push through. Change, grow, and help others to change and grow. Lets do this.


Elder Cooke

1 comment:

Emma Li said...

Elder Cooke's blog website is awesome! It is inspiring me to create a blog for my son who served in Jamaica! Thanks so much for sharing!!!