Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hey-

Hi FAM
Thats so great to hear about everyone. I am glad you are all safe.
I am glad sadie didn't foul out again but she got a "T" for TETON!
Everything here is going well. Next week is transfers again. I can't believe it.
Guess what, NEW MISSIONARIES ARE COMING IN! Two Elders will be arriving next week. It is the first time new missionaries have come into Lithuania since ME! I might not see them for a while because most likely they wont send them here to Siauliai and i have a good chance of staying here. There might just be 2 elders here next transfer. Crazy hu?
4 Elders will be going home including Elder Newman and Elder Fitzgerald. wow...
As far as the work goes i had a nice little lesson taught to me last night. We were waiting at the bus stop and i was not in a good mood. Almost everything had gone wrong and i was just at the end of my rope. I was a little frustrated with EVERYthing. As i was sitting there feeling bad for myself our bus showed up. Without me having to move the door stopped right in front of me and our investigator who we had been looking for for over a week stepped out of the bus (this is Aurumas.) We had lost contact with him and I had begun to loose hope. But I had forgotten the prayers my family, friends and people in the temple had been saying on his behalf. He got off the bus said he got a phone that we can now contact him on, he wants to meet and he hasn't smoked since we met last! I couldn't believe it. I learned a good lesson of faith last night. Anything is possible with god. Thank you for your prayers everyone.
So life here is good. People are still struggling alot but thats just the times. It is sad for me to hear that Idaho isnt safe from the hard times either. But i guess that just means the whole world was due for some humbling...YEA PRIDE CYCLE! But I know if we all keep faith and a PROGRESSIVE attitude then everything will be ok. I say "progressive" because it isn't just a "optomistic" or "realistic" or "pessimistic" attitude that is going to get anything accomplished. We need to be Progressors. This when we are neither blindly optomisitic and ignore the challanges and hardships that lie in front of us,nor so realistic or pessimistic that we fail to keep the eye of faith that change can be made and trials can be overcome. We must asses our own personal situations and progress through challanges. This is when we achieve our goal in life which is to progress and perfect our selves. Never think our goal is to "survive life". LIFE is to be enjoyed and used for what it truely is. An opportunity to learn grow and progress. Necessary for that is a humble heart that is willing to accept that we dont have all the answers and we have room to progress. After that is a will and a desire for change. I challenge all of you to move forward and progress. I know its hard, guess what, it gets harder. But i know its possible, and i know its worth it. Of this I bear testimony. I love you all so much i cant describe. I pray for you and each day and every day i am here is a testimony of those that have helped me so much through the years. Thank you


Elder Cooke

No comments: