Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hey



Hey fam,
This has been a fun week. We went to Rumshishkes. Its the celebration of the opening of missionary work in Lithuania. It was so nice to see the members from Vilnius and Klaipeda again. I love them all so much.
As a district we have been trying to pick up the work here. Its been a little slow going here. Last week we got about 5 lessons all week. But that just made me that much more determined for this week. The branch is throwing me a birthday party on Sunday night where we are going to cook Shashleekai. (its like shish ka bobs) I am way excited.
Right now we are meeting with a Gypsy couple. They are really interesting people. They are way nice though. I don't excactly know how interested they are in the church but they seem really accepting.
Thanks for the money I think I might buy an umbrella becasue I dont have one or a rain jacket. I have been doing really well thus far but it rains a ton. I have just been dealing with it because I can't bring myself to spend money on something lame like that. On a totaly unrelated note I think I am getting sick. Other than that I am doing just peachy. I have gotten some leters from my friends and they really cheered me up. Its been so frustrating for me lately but I have been doing my best to just forget it and get to work. Sometimes we put so much focus on little things that we forget the big picture. Yea this language is hard, yea the Lithuanian people are not always the happiest most "open minded" people, but if I am mad becasue I want to speak better so I let that stop me from talking to ONE person doesn't that defeat the pourpose of everything. We learn to speak so we can talk to people. So how silly is it if I don't talk to somebody becasue I am frustrated that I can't talk to people. It is just one of the many ways we are tricked by the advasary. The SECOND we begin to think about ourselves the work stops. It has been hard for me to learn this because I am just strait up imperfect. The mission is really good at pointing that out for you. And honestly I hope I don't ever forget how imperfect I really am.
Well fam this is the last time you will hear from me as a immature teenagaer. Next time I will be an immature 20 YEAR OLD! cool right?

ok fam Love you all

Elder Cooke

No comments: