Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Howdy All!!

So good week this week. I will start off by saying thank you for your prayers for Ingrida. She finally set a date for her babtism! However, its a little ways away. She set it for June 27th because its her birthday. So we would like to get it closer but every time we meet she makes so much progress. It just shows that if we are humble and activly seeking knowledge, God will always help. This week she got really sick. She told us to bring medicine. I had some Dayquil from the MTC that i hadn't opened so we took that. When we got there she really started to open up to us. She talked about problems with her daughter she had been having and how her work had gotten mad becaue she was sick again. They called her weak and they might fire her. She was crying and I felt so helpless. I told her never to forget that there are always people out there who love us. We told her we loved her and asked if she wanted a blessing. She had never heard of that so we taught her about it. And then I gave my first anointing in Lithuanian. Elder Young gave an amazing blessing and she cried again. It was a wonderful meeting and I know she felt the spirit. I love blessings when you can just phisicaly FEEL the priesthood. Its an amazing thing. Thing are really hard for Ingrida and I know it is going to test her faith. We are always tried before blessings. God wants to make sure we are dedicated. And essentialy we are showing to ourselves whether or not we are dedicated. I hope Ingrida continues to show faith in the Lord that things will work out if she just keeps the commandments he has asked of all of us.
We are still working with Vtenys. We are really trying to get him to church this week. But he is reading more so that is way good.
I want to just say now a few things about this wonderful mission. This week I got a nice big hug from a drunk man. It really threw me off. It is really wierd to live in a city like this. I love it but I see things that I am not used to seeing. Like the fact that the trash we threw out this morning is almost definatly been picked apart and compleatly sorted through by dumpster divers. Or how people sell mouthwash here in little booths on the street. Why? Because it costs 3 liets and bums cant always afford to buy alchahol at 5 liets so they buy mouthwash and drink it instead. It is really sad but it happens all the time here. I wish I could just help people see the joy that they can find in Christ. It is so hard becasue everybody here says they believe in Christ. Sometimes I wish they had never heard of him before but they have all been brought up Catholic. And it is really hard to convince somebody that they need to still follow christ but just change religions. They say, "I have everything i need and i dont need any more." They say that with a cigarette in thier mouth a beer in thier hand and they look more miserable than somebody who was just dragged through a potato field. It makes NO SENCE. And then they wonder why they are so unhappy. And those are the ones who will talk to us. Most see the word mormon on our copies of the Book of Mormon and immidiatly associate the words cult, sect, and darkness with us. The churches here all preach to hate us essentialy. When Missionarys first got here they published in the papers (under a picture of them singing hymns) SPRING WELCOMES AMERICAN CULT (who practices polygamy)
It is very frustrating. But I know that each person still deserves thir chance to hear this message. It makes sence that the true chuch of Christ would take the most heat from the world. Should we expect anything less. We should start getting worried if Satan stops working on us to make us miserable. That means he isnt worried about us. We want him to be scared out of wits becasue of us! ok enough ranting
This week was transfers and I am still in Vilnius with Elder Young (i am excited becasue of this) But a couple things. I need to get my Visa. I have this transfer for the government to accept my papers or else i will get deported to Ireland to join with thier mission until i do get my papers. Ireland would be cool but my language is bad enough without me leaving the country. I want to stay here. So give me a shout out in your prayer ok :)
Speaking of language. This sunday was kinda neat because President and Sister Dance came to Vilnius on Sunday and in sunday school the sisters were translating for sister dance and then all of a sudden they had to leave. I was not sitting in a stratigic location so i got to scoot down and take a stab at it. It was cool that I got that chance to translate for the last little bit of class.
Ok real quick. Thank you for sending the package i will let you know when you get it. ok thats all for me this week. Thank you all for your intrest in this little country across the world. Keep your prayers coming, we need them. I will keep sending mine back at you. I love you all.

Jusu, (yours)
Vyresnysis Kukas

No comments: