Thursday, February 26, 2009

i wanted to say that i have contacted right there on the left side of that street. :)


Ok so a couple neat things, Ingrida (in-grid-uh) wants to get babtised! She doesn't have a specific date though. She wants to get babtised in the lake so she wants to do it when it warms up. Even though there was just a babtisim last week in the frozen river! But that is such an improvment for her, we are way excited. She doesnt know if she can give up tea and pay tithing though. Tea is a HUGE part of the culture here. They can still drink fruit tea but they love thier green and black tea. She has a wonderful heart though and we can see how much happier she is every time we talk to her. It's so great to see that. Also one of my first solo contacts, Vtenys (vi-ten-eece) accepted a babtisim date for the 21st of next month. He said he could give up drinking and smoking but not tea. AGH! It's ok though, we are going to keep working with him. He might not make his date becasue its hard for him to make it to church but he is going to try.
Transfers are next week! Holy cow I cant believe that my first transfer is almost done. Thats so crazy! I will probably stay here with Elder Young for my next transfer but you never know.
So there is a huge crisis here in Lithuania right now. the "crises" is on everybody's minds and so people always ask us about money. "Do you make money being a missionary?" "Can I be a missionary and make money?" Its silly. At least they aren't yelling at us EVERY time now :) It is always fun to have somebody say, "Eik tu sau!" which means essentially, Go to yourself! It's fun then you get a nice Baltic swat (they put thier arm up and swat it at you to say go away) and you go talk to the next guy. Its awesome. Its so great to see that I would never have had the courage to say the things to people that I am saying out here. Maybe its becasue its in a different language so I dont fully comprehend it but I think it is more of the Lord standing right next to me hoping just as much as I am that they will listen. It's like the picture of Christ knocking on the door. We have the name of Christ. We represent him. Just as we all do who are members of HIS church. We have taken upon us HIS name. This means we represent him to others. This means we need to live accordingly. We need to be worthy of that title. I am trying so hard to be more like Christ. Oh and here is something neat. My first name Jesse (it sounds weird to hear my first name) In Lithuanian they would drop the "se" and put on a Lithuanian ending so they can decline it. in this case the ending is "us" so my first name in Lithuanian is "Jesus" neat eh?
Well thats all for me this week. Thank you so much everybody for your letters. It helps me so much to receive your light every week. Thank you all for averything.
As' myliu jus su visa mano sirdami. niekada as negalu dekoti jums uz visa as turiu. Aciu labai uz jusu pagalba,. Tikrai myliu.
Vyresnysis Kukas

No comments: