Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hey Team

How are all of you? ok obviously you cant really tell me how you are right now and even if you wrote it down and sent it I wouldn't get it for a while but just know that the correct answer is, "I am doing FAN-tas-tic!" and if that isn't your answer then I say that is silly and you should change that.
Well, sorry again about last week. The computers in this cafe are a bit old and unreliable so hope I get this one sent.
Ok well I want to start this week off with an awesome scripture. It is so hard to see progression here sometimes. I am trying my best to learn this language and I feel like I am just getting worse. And people here don't hesitate to tell you that you speak terribly. So I was thinking to myself how terrible I am at just about everything when I came about ALMA 26:12 in my scripture study. I love this verse. I don't have English scriptures on me but I will translate it from my Lithuanian ones.
It says:Wherefore I know that I am nothing, As for my power I am weak; Therefore I will not boast in myself, but I will boast in my God, Because in his strength I am able to do everything; Behold many miracles we have done on this earth, because of that we will glory in his name through eternity. AMEN!
It is not by our power that we do the Lords word. It is by the power of God. That power is given to us through FAITH. We must be humble enough to give up the "power" that is of US so that we can have room for the power of the LORD. This Language will come in time. Like Dad said it is by the Lord's time. If you feel you are inadequate take a look at Alma 29: 1-3 and get a nice dose of humble pie. "Oh if I were an angel...and could speak with the trump of God...", "...But behold I am a man and do sin in my wish for I aught to be content with the things the Lord has given me." I love it.
Ok fam enough preaching. Time for more goodies from Lithuania. First off, they have SO MANY HOLIDAYS HERE. I swear (stacy:"don't swear") They look for any excuse to get off work and get plastered at 8 in the morning. The other day was "pancake day" and I don't know how many Independance days I have seen already. It's rediculous because you go outside and its like a ghost town. You try to knock doors and nobody is home. And when they do answer they can barely stand. And talking to drunk people is always interesting. Sometimes I hear them just say nonsence and I don't know whether I misunderstood compleatly or they really just said Cristopher Columbus was the devil.
That brings up a whole new topic...RUSSIAN. Here in Vilnius is quite a bit of Russian influence. You can still feel the scars of communisim seeing how Lithuania only got rid of them in '93. Everybody here speaks Russian but not openly. They aren't that friendly to Russians obviously. But it is very frustrating knock on 5 doors in a row that only speak Russian. Sometimes I don't know when it's Russian and when I just didn't understand. I have learned a very Simple door and street approach in Russian to get referals for the Russian Elders. They understand me for the most part but I want to get a little more to say.
ok really quick: I want Kyle's cobbler reciepe. We have tried some baltic style and Its good but I wanna try Kyle's too. Also are you still making Family calanders. That would be nice to have also.
Well to wrap up I just want to express the immence humility I have right now for the work of the Lord. I see each day so many things I need to improve on and often times I dont see how it's possible. I feel nobody here wants to listen. My first contact Edvanas doesn't want to meet anymore and we have to push Vytenys's babtism back again. He doesnt want to let go of the Catholic church. This place is stuck in its traditions. Vilnius has the highest consentration of churches per capita in the world. To give you an Idea of the thought process here. We asked Vytenys if God or Jesus Christ THEMselves came down and told him he needs to get babtised what would he say. He said, "I dont know i guess i would need to think about it." It has become more than a belief here. It gets hard to accept somtimes. But let us press on is so great a cause. It doesn't matter. We are here to give all the opportunity to come unto Crist through his church. We get laughed at alot on busses and on the street. But we are put through advirsery so we can understand true joy. In english we began our spiritual thought after the lesson and I noticed a new woman in class. Me and Elder young tought of looking to Christ as an example. Elder young explained he had taught himself to juggle by reading books. He thought he knew how to juggle but he didn't know why it was so hard to progress. Often we read of Crist and feel that is enough. We know how to live and we are ok. But why is life still so hard we ask. Because we have a LIVING Crist and we need to seek for him in our day. We need that living example.
Elder Young explained how he came to me and I taught him how to "actualy" juggle. And within a week he had progressed to a level he hadn't ever thought of. (of course we juggled for them) So must we go to Christ for help and guidance. It is not enough to just read about him. We must seek him in our lives in our day. I began to testify of humibliy and how we must be humble to take upon us Christ. As I pointed to my left I said we must know he lives and that through him we can have more, that we can BE more. The new woman began to cry which I haven't seen very often here. I almost did but I held back. I felt Christ up there with me. He took my broken Lithuanian and he began to speak to thier soul. After everybody left I collapsed into the chairs. I hadn't felt the spirit that strong in a very very long time. I actualy can't remember when I have. I was trembling. Christ lives. And I will not cease to work until I find those I was called to find and proclaim that truth to them. Thank you everybody for all your prayers. We need them here. We need them everywhere. I sincerly love and miss all of you, just not enough to leave the work.

as' jums myliu
Vyresnysis Kukas

p.s. That rocks about Jake is he spanish speaking or english, let me know. Either way it still rocks, he rocks.

No comments: