Thursday, January 1, 2009

the most wonderful experience

Labas S'eimas! Kaip Sakasi?

How is everybody?
I hope you all had a wonderful new year. Its always refreshing to finally get to type. If you have seen my letters you will notice my handwriting is terrible. I am working on it. Anybody i am writing this week can expect some fancy cursive.
So write after i wrote you last week I went to the Christmas devotional and got to listen to Elder Holland speak! It was truely? truley? truly? amazing. We talked about the the different names of Christ. CHRISTmas was just such a wonderful expieriance here.
But I want to tell you all about my last couple days. I know i am not in the jungle fighting off wildabeasts but I have still had some crazy awesome expieriances. Our devotional this week was Elder Pierson of the 70. He was one of the best most energetic speakers I have ever heard. After that talk i got so excited to get out and work. I have been putting myself into this more than anything I have ever done before. BUT After this talk I had a new resolve to go all out. I worked my tail off yest erday and you wouldnt believe the return. I found that missionary work is not a equal return equation. YOu get out ten fold what you put in. So when i put even more than i thought i could it turned into one of the most productive days of my life. It seemed like i only had to look at a word once and i had it. The spirit was doing all the work and the more I see that the more help I get. Coming here is like getting kicked in the face with the humble shoe every ten seconds of your life. Any shortcomings are my fault and any success is the Lords. I love it! But when i worked with the spirit and felt the spirit and lost my self great things happened. .I went to the RC (refferal center) , if anyone reading doesnt know what that is, it is where we take calls and make calls to real people with real concerns. It was New years Eve and I made call, after call, after call. Nobody was answering. I started to get frustrated and I saw everybody else getting good contacts. I remembered hearing, " the lord sends his most prepared to his most prepared missionarys" and i felt pretty lame. But then I recieved a call from a woman who wanted a bible. I asked her why and she said ,"because i want to give it to my brother becasue i want somebody who knows what they are talking about to teach me about the gospel. You can imagine how excited I was. I told her about the missionarys and how they could answer any questions she might have. She got excited and i asked her why she felt so prompted to learn. She told me, "I am going into surgery in a couple days and i started thinking of what would happen to me if i died. I had a feeling deep down telling me to find out more but I dont know what that feeling was." I testified of the spirit and its wonderful influence in our lives. She seems like she is really prepared. It was wonderful. But you have a homework assignment. Her name is Angela and she said she needs all the prayers she can get, so if you remember to, pray for her. I know its just a RC contact but I feel like she needs this.

ok, I LEAVE IN 18 DAYS!!!!!! can you believe that. I think i could be a lot more prepared but I am getting so excited. We should get our flight plans next week sometime. WE are getting kind of antzy here. Also quick question, They told us we can call our families at the airport when we leave. I dont know what you think about that but let me know whenever so i can tell you when i will.

That about wraps it up for me this week. I have a feeling this next week is going to be amazing, Its been the best one for me so far so hopefuly i keep rolling with that.

I love you all so much, Thank you all for your letters I hope I am writting to you all ok. Remember that when you loose yourself in God's work you find yourself.

As' z'inau kad mano s'eimas yra dauguasia yra tai nuostabousaia
as' mylu tave,