Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fantastic!!!

Hey fam
Everything here is just peachy.
Me and my companions are getting along just fine. Its a real party here. We went to zone conference and that was just a blast. Elder Senkans, our area 70 came and spoke to us. They randomly selected missionaries to have an interview with him and my companions and i got picked. It was a great opportunity for me to ask him some questions that I have had recently. Those men are men of God, period. <--right there thats a period. <--Thats one to. ok I'm done
Other than that we are still working dilligantly with Edvinas. He is doing really well and still hasn't smoked (day 10 or so now) Valentinas is doing awesome as well. He wants to start harvesting with us. In fact, because we only have 3 missionaries here I have started teaching 1st class english by myself. It is so much fun. They dont speak any english so I have to go 100% Lithunian with them. Its so much fun, my english teachers would be so proud :) But! the reason I say that is Valentinas has started teaching the spiritual thought with me at the end of class. At the end of each class we have a 15 min spiritual thought. Valentinas has been testifying how we need to show those we love that we ACTUALLY love them. It is so nice to have a Lithuanian say that. I tell people here all the time to show thier families that they love them. Yesterday I talked to a man on a bus who didn't want anything to do with our church but i committed him to go home and tell his wife how much she means to him, and he accepted. But when I said that in english class the people just told me that this was "an american tradition" and they dont do that. Valentinas then said, "Are you serious!," "every day when i leave the house i kiss my wife and tell her i love her. How can you live without love like that!?" He has a point. We CAN'T live without love like that. Thats why alot of people here unfortunatly end their lives early. WE NEED MORE LOVE HERE! We trying to do our part though. And that is by just loving the people. My MTC teacher said ,"If you dont love those people then who is going to?"
He was right. I love em all. And i love you all. THank you for all you do. I love you all.


Elder Cooke


p.s. oh my goodness I just realized I have been out for a year...
...time is lame, i want more.

No comments: