Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello from.... ME

Hey Fam,
That’s so awesome that it is snowing so much. It has been really interesting here in Lithuania. THEY ACTUALLY HAVE SEASONS! Not like good old Teton Valley witch has 3, winter, just after winter, and almost winter. It sounds like everybody is staying active. That is good. I heard Sadie is taller than all the girls in the fam. I don’t think my brain can wrap around that one just yet. Its fun to think that mom is running around with a bunch of cheerleaders. (but I try not to think about it)
Well….I got transferred!!!!!!! Well, kind of. I am still in Siauliai but I got moved back to my old area with a yet another new companion (I haven’t had a companion for more than one transfer since my trainer) I am not really sure what that means… anyway. So yea I am way excited to get to work. I have once again been “whitewashed” (#4) so this should be fun again to start from scratch. The other Elders didn’t have any investigators so we will be starting from the ground up. But that’s ok because I found a folder with the History of Siauliai in it. It was a record kept by the missionaries who opened this city 7 years ago. They were so committed and they made such a difference in such a small time. I wont lie, sometimes it’s hard for me to see if I am making any difference out here but I know that I am where I need to be and I am trying as hard as I can and that is enough for me. If any of YOU think you aren’t making a difference in whatever it is that you are doing, just know that you are because you are where you are for a reason. As for me, I have found a new resolve to just get out and get to work. I want to step up my “speaking” so I am going to be speaking 100% Lithuanian as much as he will let me this transfer. Elder Porter is another way solid missionary. I am really excited to be serving with him. He is from Lehi, Utah- imagine that.
Well fam I am going to head out. It has been raining a lot lately, I wish it was snow. Count your blessings!!! I love you all

Elder Cooke

No comments: