Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Howdy

Well...
Im here and still alive. Elder Newman and I are still hard at work here in Siauliai. Some fruits of previous labors showed up this week. One was showed by a man who we had met with a couple weeks previously unexpectedly coming to church. Also a man that I had contacted the first day of the transfer met with us yesterday. Both men are actually showing some real interest in the church. It was nice to see some actual progress. We took some major opposition this week from hosts of Jehovah Witnesses and from a wave of Baptists that have overrun the streets handing out pamphlets. As I was talking with one of them a woman came and said they shouldn't be talking to us because it "gives them a bad name." Other than that we just had a ton of people make fun of us this week and try to fight. The young men here usually don't have a problem trying to call us out and make us look foolish. But we learn to live with them. I guess what I learned this week is that as long as I get rid of pride people cant really have an affect on me.
It sounds like life in Idaho is just crazy right now. Everybody sounds way busy. Thats good. I am getting excited for conference again.(i can't really believe its already another conference.) I hope all is well. The package still hasn't come but I am definately waiting for it. Thanks for everything you all do.

sudie
Vyresnysis Kukas
(Dzesys Kukas)
jesse cooke

p.s. I wont have a chance to write Leslie and her fam this week but I wanted to say that I had the coolest dream ever. I was talking to Tillie and Gabe in Lithuanian! It was way cool. anyway, BYE

No comments: