Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kuku kachu


That means "With the Cooke of cats" (our name Cooke. Not an actual cook, that word is Virejas)

Hey Fam!
We had a fun Sunday this week. You could call it "Missionary Sunday" Because all the youth went to a youth conference in Saint Petersburg, Russia. This means mostly everybody was gone. This also meant I passed the sacrament Elder Neilson blessed it. I led the music and Elder Fitzgerald played the piano We both spoke and Elder Mcnevin led the meeting. It was fun but I hope we dont need to do it again. We are trying hard to get as little missionary involvment as possible. Although already assighned for next week is Elder Nielson to speak and I'm to play the piano. It's fun here in Siauliai.
I suggested to our district that we all finish the Book of Mormon in Lithuanian no matter where we are by the end of the transfer. (That is next week) Elder Nielson and Mcnevin are near the end so it shouldn't be that hard for them. I, however, am in the begining of Alma. This is good though becasue I have found out about myself that when I make a really tough goal I usually reach it. If it is to easy I usually lose interest. Anyway I am reading about 50 pages a day in Lithuanian so I can finish. I will tell you how it goes. I am pretty sure I am going to stay here with Elder Fitzgerald next transfer. I really don't know what else they would do with me. I have already been to as many different cities as most of the missionaries here. But I really don't care where I am. I just love the members everywhere. Plus I love being with Elder Fitz. We get along very well. Also we had two investigators come to church on Sunday. Which is good becasue they made up about 20 percent of the congregation. They are both way good guys. One is from english class and is just one of the kindest men I know. The other other we found street contacting one day. He had been meeting with the Jahova's Witnesses but after he came to church he said he is going to "say goodbye" to them. So that was cool.
Anyways fam I better go.

Love you all.

Taika
Vyresnysis Kuku Kachu~!

No comments: