Monday, February 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, you wont guess where i am.



Vilnius has been nicknamed "Gothom" by the missionaries.
The picture at night is my view out of my new apartment.
Its so awesome.


I have been transfered to Vilnius to be the District leader and to pick up in Elder Grahm's (my new companion) training. He came into the field last transfer and he is just awesome. He is from Georgia! It has been really really odd coming back to the city where I myself was trained. I haven't been here since. It is quite the experience. ESPECIALY since i have been in Siauliai for the last 7 or 8 months where the church is still so young. I just came from the smallest district/branch in Lithuania to the Largest. It was so crazy to actually have 3 HOURS of church! I am going to be so grateful for priesthood meeting for the rest of my life. It was very difficult to say goodbye to the members. Funny story, every transfer that has come up Valentinas and his family fasted and prayed that i wouldn't leave and EVERY time i stayed. This last week we told them transfers were on Wednesday and they said they were going to do it again. However transfers ended up being on Tuesday and they didn't get a chance to do it this time and I got transfered. They were mad about that. It was hard to say goodbye to the branch president and his family as well. He said he knew i was different than most missionaries and the first time i came to their house for dinner I left one of the "Thank you" notes mom gave me. He said he has seen a lot of missionaries come in and out and he has never had that before. so, THANK YOU MOM. The relationship I have with President Gabalas is one I will have my whole life. As well as so many other of the members here. It is a tender mercy that Skaiste is going to be moving here with her soon-to-be husband. Although she is sorely needed in Siauliai. However...
...I am now in Vilnius and I am excited to be here. My companion and I are getting along very well. We are very similar except for the fact that he is 6'9. Yea it's crazy. He is one of two missionaries that have come out after my group. They came out last transfer and he is doing amazing for how long he has been out. He has a ton of drive and has already been a great example for me. My district consists of: Elder Cox (was with him in klaipeda) and Elder Sakavich (he was changed to a Russian speaker and got sent to Latvia, He is going home after this transfer) and then our Sister missionaries are Sister Richards (Also going home after this transfer) and then for the first time i am serving with Sister Hall! We are all way excited for this transfer and are going to get some great things accomplished.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. Don't worry yourselves with my health. I am alive and will be for quite some time. Sister Dance got me a place i can go get checked out but i don't really want to take the time to go do it. I might and i might not. Just keep prayin. They work.
I love you all so much. Thank you for everything. I am in Vilnius now.
Well thanks again.

su meile,
Elder Cooke

No comments: